Product Tips and Advice: Lipstick
Lipstick has been a part of women’s makeup routines for centuries. While popular colors, cosmetic formulas, and we’ve even started using other types of lip color, such as lip stain, our love for lipstick has not changed. But if you think you could use a little advice on improving your lipstick application, and some tips on picking the right color for your skin tone and style, then keep reading.
Features and Benefits
Shine’s lipstick comes in six different shades to match a variety of skin types and color preferences. The rich and creamy formula goes on smoothly in a single swipe, and hydrates your lips all day long. Plus, the highly-pigmented, vibrant colors last all day. If you’ve ever had lipstick that left an uncomfortable, sticky feeling on your lips, you don’t have to worry about that with Shine’s lipstick. It provides a soft and comfortable layer of color, so you hardly notice you’re wearing it! Our lipstick allows you to shine, without worrying about constant touch-ups.
Tips for Use
With easy, one-swipe application, there aren’t many tricks to putting on this lipstick. Simply apply a smooth, even layer over your lips after applying lip liner, and you’re on your way. But there are a few tricks you can use to improve the appearance of your lipstick. Give these a try:
- First off, it’s important you choose the right color for your skin tone as well as your personal preferences. If you’re not sure which lip shade is best for you, try out our Perfect Lip Color Quiz. It will help you choose the lipstick or lip stain that’s best for you.
- If you’re dressing up for a night out, choose whether you want a bold lip or dramatic eyes. Doing both can make you look over done. Choosing one allows you to add that perfect amount of pop to make an impression without overdoing it.
- Know how different colors impact the look of your lips. Darker tones can make your lips look thinner. So if you want to plump them up, go for a lighter shade with a touch of shimmery lip gloss.
- Consider using your lip liner as a base for your lipstick. It can provide an even undertone for your lip color as well as helping the lipstick last longer.
- If you have a lipstick color that you don’t love, don’t throw it out just yet. You can try pairing the lipstick with another lip color to create one that works better for you. For example, if your lipstick is too bright, you can apply a dark lip liner or stain to your lips first, then apply the lipstick. The brightness will be toned down just a bit, possibly making it the perfect shade!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your lipstick. Try different colors. Pair it with different lip liners. Top it with a lip gloss to add some shimmer. Find a look that works for you that can really make you shine!