Blush is such a simple and timeless product. Women have been using it for centuries to add a bit of color to their cheeks, and to emphasize their bone structure. Shine’s blush comes in three different shades, and offers a simple way to give yourself a natural, radiant glow. But there’s more to blush than meets the eye. Keep reading to learn about some of the features and benefits of our blush product, as well as get some tips on applying your blush properly. (Spoiler alert: It’s more complicated than you think!)
Features and Benefits
Shine carries three shades of blush:
- Enough: A creamy color with beige undertones
- Invincible: A peach-toned blush
- Nurture: A rich a lovely pink
All of our shades are lightweight and offer sheer coverage with natural-looking color. The buildable color of the blush allows you to add as little or as much as you desire to achieve the right look for your style, skin tone, and face shape. And, the long-lasting color will give you that rosy-cheeked look all day long.
Tips for Use
There’s a general way of applying blush that works well for pretty much everyone: Using a blush brush, blend the color onto the apples of the cheeks, moving upwards and outwards towards your hairline. However, if you want to up your blush game, you should apply your blush differently depending on your face shape:
- Round: Apply only to the apples of the cheeks.
- Heart: Apply to the cheeks, and blend the color upwards and out to the corner of the eye, into the hairline.
- Oblong: Apply to the apples of the cheeks, with separate dash of color at the temples.
- Square: Apply in a triangular shape. Follow your natural smile line for the base of your triangle. Apply all over the apples of the cheek, to the edge of your cheekbone.
- Oval: Apply to the apples of the cheeks, and blend up and out towards the hairline just above your ear, and add another touch of blush at the temples.
The shade of blush you use should be based on your skin tone. Here are a few suggestions to follow to ensure you’re getting the right look:
- Pale: Use just a single shade of Nurture for a rosy look.
- Fair: Use a small amount of Invincible.
- Medium: Try a touch more Nurture, to a watermelon-like hue.
- Tan: Add a bit of Enough to your cheeks for added color.
- Dark: Try a few layers of Invincible on your cheeks.
Of course, these tips are just a guide. Experiment with the blush’s buildable color to find the right look for you. And don’t be afraid to try out a little contouring with your blush as well. Find the look that works best for your unique and beautiful face!